Everything You Need to Know about Eyelash Extensions

Eyelash Extensions
I remember when I first decided to try eyelash extensions. It was about 10 years ago. My sister and I were at a party and I was feeling real hot in my new outfit. Had my hair done that day and my makeup was flawless - or so I thought. I was wearing faulse eyelashes, the type you get in the drug store and, well lets just say that I was having a makeup malfunction. My sister looked at me and said, "Ah, what the fuck is going on with your lashes?" I immediatley went to the restroom, looked in the mirror to see the strip lash on the right eye was lifting up from the inner eye and look really messed up! So I ripped them both off and resumed having a good night at the party, but I never wore those type of lashes ever again.

A friend had started doing lashes and convinced me to try them. I tried them - loved them and never turned back, in fact I got trained and certified to do eyelash extensions soon after and have made a pretty good business of it in the past 9 years. I want to share with you my beauties, Everything you need to know about eyelash extensions.

Lay back and relax
Lets face it - getting your lashes done is an extreamly relaxing experience.  You get to lay down with eyes closed, listening to spa music and even have a lash nap as your lash tech puts lash extensions on your natural lashes one at a time. If that isn't enough to sell you - I will go on...



Longer lash life
I can get my eyelash extensions to last up to a month at times. I make sure not to excessively rub or twist them and I also make sure to clean them regularly with a mild lash wash. The cleaner the lashes the longer they last. Avoiding mascara compleatly will also aid in keeping your eyelash extensions lasting longer.


Makeup is allowed
Having eyelash extensions will cut your makeup time in half everyday. Like I always say all you need is your lashes and lipstick to look made up. But feel free to put on the shadows, liners and cat eyes because they will only be enhanced by your eyelash extensions.

Remove eyelash extensions the Right way
So many people play with - twist and pull out thier eyelash extensions. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS!
You are damaging your natural lashes and may even cause bald spots. If you wear lash extensions regularly you should not be playing with them. If for any reason you wish to get rid of your lash extensions please have them professionsaly removed. Your certified lash tech will use a remover solution that will break down the adhesive allowing extensions to be easily and painlessly removed leaving your natural lashes in tact with NO lash damage.


A Bit of History
Originating in Korea, eyelash extensions have rapidly gained popularity in Asia and then became a well kept Hollywood beauty secret. And now this hot trend is spreading fast in North America and Europe.


Choices Choices
Available in a variety of textures, lengths and colors, lash extensions are the most innovative method of enhancing the volume and length of ones own eyelashes.  Polyester is the most popular choice for extensions because of its hypoallergenic properties as well as its consistency of curl and shape.  Although human hair and mink fur are also used, they have been known to cause allergic reactions.

There are two main types of semi-permanent of lash extensions 
Semi-permanent individual lashes that mimic a single natural lash and are applied one by one and can last up to 6 weeks if applied correctly and proper after care is used - And volume semi-permanent lashes that also mimic single lash at he point of attachment and are also applied one by one but these lashes flare out into a cluster of 2-6 lashes at the point furthest away from eyelid.  Volume lashes will add much more drama to natural lashes than classic lash extnsions by adding length and more volume and will typically last last up to 4-6 weeks.

The life cycle of lashes is approximately 90 days after which time it will fall out and a new lash immediately grows back in its place. Therefore, a touch-up or re-fill appointment is needed every 2-4 weeks to replace the fallen lashes to keep extensions looking fresh and full.

So there you have it my beauties, everything you need to know about eyelash extensions. I love my lash extensions and would never go without them. Lashes and Lipstick is all I need to stay #fabulash!

I hope this post was helpful to you. If you wish to book a lash consult/appointment with me Book Here or at my website

Please leave your thoughts in comment section and subscribe by leaving your email to get notice of new posts on this blog.

Also follow me @xtensionsrusmedispa on Instagram & Facebook

Ciao for now!
Michelle Greene









Comments

Popular Posts